Attention Parents, here is some important information you need to be aware of in preparation for the upcoming season.
- Registration is currently $50. You may pay one of 4 ways: in person, website, cash app "$gsyaapanthers", or paypal "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Football equipment handout dates and times are the following: July 24, July 31, and August 7 from 2pm-5pm. You must be registered and paid in full to receive equipment. There are no exceptions.
- The league requires DMV ID Cards for each player and there are no exceptions. Remember, you can only make appointments to get the ID Cards, so it is imperative that you accomplish this ASAP! Yes, you may have to drive 30 minutes to 1 hour to get the ID Card instead of waiting for a local DMV. You will need a DMV ID card to participate in the league weigh-in.
- Football Camp will be held from August 2nd-6th from 6pm-8pm each night. We are looking forward to seeing all the players and get them in shape for a great season.
- The first day of football practice will be on August 9th and the first weigh in will be on August 14th. This weigh in is the only free weigh-in and you must have a DMV ID card to attend the weigh in. The other weigh-ins will have a cost attached to them.
- Football practice will be held 5 days a week until school begins in Fairfax County. We will have practice 3 days a week once school begins and that will be at the discretion of your child's coach.
- Football camp and practices will be held at Martin Luther King Jr. park. We will have home games at MLK Park along with possible away games throughout Fairfax County, Manassas, and Loundoun County.
- GSYAA is not responsible for transporting your child to and from practice and to and from games. As a parent/guardian, you need to make every effort to get your child to and from practices and games. We are still experiencing COVID-19 and we need to still practice due diligence in safety.
- We are requiring every child to have a water bottle at practice. Yes, GSYAA will provide water at the practices but we want to make sure that with COVID-19 we are practicing due diligence in safety.
Chuck Martin- Football Commissioner
Maurice Williams- Assistant Football Commissioner
Marcus A. Ferguson- GSYAA President